Did you ever have one of those days….
when everything was…
Today was one of those days.
I had a 5 hour meeting today to help me prepare for my new Resource Room class. There were 10 teachers/speech therapists at this meeting and our agenda was full.
I now have so much knowledge I am bursting at the seams and it only seems right to pass things on to you.
10 things That Made My Day:
1. Unique Learning System – Our district has a license to this program and it looks awesome. I think if you teach students with disabilities you should check it out. There is a huge Olympic 2012 unit I just downloaded for free. I know it will be after the fact, but I’m going to use this unit for the first few weeks of school. I think we will be able to do lots of research and writing and can utilize so much media.
2. News 2 You – A related site to Unique and just as neat. Again, you have to pay for a license but it might be worth it.
3. BUMP – – I always love when I learn about nifty apps. This app will make sharing pictures so much easier with the girls.
4. Dictation Dragon – A speech to text app that I can use on the iPad with students and also put on my iPhone! This was the one thing I missed about my Droid.
6. Appsfire Deals – Every day this app gives you a list of paid apps that are free!
7. The Five Finger Pinch and other fun gestures I had no idea existed (but it does explain why sometimes apps mysteriously close on my iPad.)
8. My new Vera Bradley Smartphone Wristlet in Paisley Meets Plaid arrived today! Finally a wristlet that fits my iPhone when it’s in its case. I bought it new on eBay and got a great deal! ($49 retail. Mine = $34.50)
9. I’ve been saving my school clothes for, well, school. But I figured a school meeting was school-ish enough. So I wore a new shirt today! Gotta love the feeling of wearing brand new clothes!
10. I was driving home for lunch and saw a little boy sitting on the corner at a lemonade stand. Bless his heart! The sign said:
I was going to stop on my way back to the school, but by then he was gone. I so wish I would have turned around and gone back when I first saw him. Some people are addicted to pop, but I love lemonade and I thought his attempt to make some money on a hot day was precious.
I feel like somehow that lemonade stand was a reminder of something that is so cliché but definitely worth repeating. You all know it…
“When life gives you lemons….”
Honestly, I’ve been a little stressed lately and feeling overwhelmed with all of this school stuff happening so quickly and at the last-minute.
However, after today, I am feeling refreshed, inspired, and excited.
Today I am making lemonade.