Maybe you’ve seen and heard this speech by Ashton Kutcher at the Teen Choice Awards recently. I think this would be a fabulous first day of school opener at the middle school and high school level. It creates an opportunity for group discussion, sets a positive tone, and totally helps you connect on their level.
Most Accessed Posts in the Past 2 Days
- Tricks to Teaching Character Types
- Summarizing Short Stories: Story Elements and Conflict
- Which Outsiders Character are You?
- Helping vs. Linking Verbs
- Simile Search
- 5-7 Sentence Paragraph Graphic Organizer
- "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" - Vocabulary Unit
- The Last Hurrah: Text Structure Review