The weeks are getting away from me and now it’s Friday night and I can barely keep my eyes open.
Here are just five random wanna-be post ideas that will likely never make it beyond this list due to time constraints.
1) School spirit and staff morale are huge. It feels good to be happy and see happy people all around me all day long.
2) 7th graders are growing on me. This is my first experience in 7th grade in 18 years and I’m still trying to pinpoint what it is that makes them so unique. The word”teacher-pleasers” keeps coming to mind.
3) Today was the first day I finally felt like I found my groove. Inclusion and the pull-out aspect is tricky, especially since I have kids in multiple rooms in the same block. I don’t know how to cover two classes at once and it makes my head spin. Today the timing was perfect, I had everything I needed, and we got through what the rest of the class did.
4) Today my resource room kids shared their Educreations projects on the SMARTboard using my AppleTV. It was so awesome for them!
5) My days start so very early and tomorrow is no exception; I am covering Saturday School. I will have four whole hours to get my plans and a 9 week model completed.
But the one thing that I love about the early mornings that I simply didn’t realize before I got Blue is the sky at 5:30 in the morning when I take him out. It is so quiet and still. It is so dark and the sky is so full of stars. It really is amazing and beautiful.
It is such a peaceful, calm, and humbling moment. Just me and little Blue under the great big sky. The kids are still sound asleep in the house right behind me and our day is just about to begin, with the typical morning chaos of a family with just one bathroom.