The ReadNRespond App is one I found a few months ago. This app covers Bloom’s Taxonomy in an interactive way. Each of the 6 levels shown below (in my handmade bulletin board display) has 20 different prompts/questions.
For a few different selections we read, I assigned numbers as you can see in the photo. Students worked in groups and worked their way down the list from Recall to Create. For some of my students I just focused on the lower level prompts.
- There are lots of unique prompts at various levels
- It’s easy to differentiate and challenge students
- Students think it’s fun and enjoy the activities.
- It is very hard for them to go back and edit their work so I can’t offer much in corrective feedback.
- Some students dislike typing on the iPad.
- Checking their work is a little tricky to since we aren’t one-to-one.
I tried having them screen shot their answers so I could flip through the photos to check their work. Didn’t really work
The best way I can use this app is put the assignment up on the bulletin board, have them access the activities, and complete them on paper to turn in.
If nothing else, just check out the 120 leveled prompts. You might find something you can modify to suit your needs.